Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lone Bird


Over the past several months, I have read so much information related to how the world really works via Internet that it is enough to make my head swim. I have turned off the TV, especially the news channels who barrage the airwaves with annoying commercials and report about crimes and politics that are of no interest to me whatsoever. The message in all of this seems to be that the world is not safe, so get to the department stores and car dealerships, then hurry home and take your pharmaceuticals and watch our shows and you will lead a satisfying life. I haven't fallen for that propaganda and have gradually lost all respect for the media ( in fact in 1993 I a made an outrageous statement that the American media was one of the great evils in the world and was shocked by my own words). I am no longer shocked by any thing these days. Our food and water is being poisoned, the banks are robbing people blind, our political system is completely broken, and our freedoms are becoming extinct by the day. An intuit such as myself could feel hopeless under these circumstances, but the optimist in me continues to BELIEVE. Not in the usual religious sense, as it seems clear that organized religion is in cahoots with the current powers that be. Our planet and even our moon has been under attack and yet I do not feel powerless to stop this ongoing assault on humanity and our Mother. I have a plan that works for me and I believe that my actions are as important as the proverbial butterfly's wings that can cause a typhoon miles and miles away. I will share some of the underground knowledge that is surfacing in this new age of truth, and I have taken steps, albeit, baby steps to do my part in the matters in which I still have control. I will share some of these to anyone who cares to effect their own small changes.

 I use baking soda to brush my teeth... not fluoridated toothpaste. I also use a carbon filter on my tap water and wait for the day that I can afford a reverse osmosis filter system.

No more brand name brand products that claim to be natural, if it isn't organic I don't believe the label.

If an American company sends me merchandise and the item has a Made in China label, I will not buy their products again and will email to tell them so.

I send petitions to our legislators weekly showing my unhappiness with their bill choices, and it only takes a little research and a mouse-click to do this.

I research the origin of every product that I intend to buy and if it comes from a big agribusiness, pharmaceutical, or chemical company... I won't buy it.

I no longer watch any TV except for Jeopardy and an occasional movie.

I switched from a Big Bank to a small credit union and got rid of all debt and credit cards.

I know it takes time and effort, but since I haven't had a full-time job in three years, I have plenty of time to do this and I am grateful for the employment that I do have.

My wise mother once told me "I make myself rich by making my wants few" and I think it is excellent advice. A non cluttered life of the basic things that you really utilize and appreciate is the first step towards the financial freedom we all seek.