Monday, April 5, 2010

Ringing Rocks



Had a wonderful time this weekend in Bucks County PA at a little place called Ringing Rocks Park. I got the idea to go there from a blog I read from one of my Internet friends. Thanks Lizzie! It was amazing to see a playground of children and adults scattered about a vast swath of rocks, with hammers and mallets beating out ringing rhythms which sounded like cowbells. Certain rocks do really ring when they are stricken with a hard object and it was a fun game to crawl around and find the ringing rocks. I didn't bring a hammer with me because it seemed a little too violent, and yet I was still able to get some nice sounds from the rocks with a small ratchet tool. The climb over the rocks was a bit strenuous and I spied many shy black spiders who skittered away as I approached them to take their pictures, so if you are afraid of spiders this is probably not the place for you. Surrounding the sacred rocks is a forest that has a stream and waterfalls that you can hike to and it is also magically beautiful. I've included a small sample of the sounds I made with my newfound rock group!
                                                                       Wendilea's Rock Band