Thursday, May 27, 2010

Freewheeling!

Well, we finally made a leap of faith and bought our new home. It will take about 90 days to get this Eurovan up to perfect specs and then it will be shipped to us cross country. By that time we will have sold our old house and will be prepared for our journey around the country. Our "yard" will be found at all the great National Parks and Me, Gerry, and Otis will be free wheeling gypsies! The beauty of the plan is the freedom from jobs and house responsibilities and we will be living simply... exploring Nature and our inner selves, writing, journaling, photographing and doing what we love. We will be connected to family via phone and webcam so "seeing" everyone of our loved ones should not be a problem. (Baby girl and I have been practicing talking to the webcam). It reminds me of the song from South Pacific that my mom used to sing to me when I was just a baby, "Happy Talk"... "you gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true!" I can't teach my grand-daughter to follow her dreams if I don't practice what I preach.