Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Good Day Planned





All is quiet within our house, except for the chewing that Otis my bunny is doing to the old Oxford dictionary in the bookcase. Outside the birds are chirping loudly, the bluejays are actually screaming at the rising sun that is peering in my eastern window. Baby girl is still in her car seat fast asleep, and occasionally I hear I soft little stir from her and although I can't wait for her to wake up so I can kiss her sleepy morning face, I also feel like shhushing the bluejays so the pretty song of the chickadee can be heard. It is going to be a lovely Spring day here and I have the pram (aka carriage) ready for my little grand-daughter. Once the temperature rises a bit, we will go for a long spin around the block in search of signs of spring. Although the pram is old (probably 50+ years old) and a bit scary looking, I line it with clean sheets and I must say it rides smoothly over the sidewalks and cracked pavement. We'll stroll around the neighborhood and I'll point out all the budding trees of interest, the Spring flowers, and the various sounds of the birds. I'm also teaching Annabel sign language as I read that this exercise will help her with vocabulary development. Of course, we will listen to music... opera is on the playlist for today, especially Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute as baby girl loves to exercise her vocal chords with a high pitched soprano squeal of delight now and again. Oh, guess who just woke up with a big sleepy smile? Gotta go... we have a busy day planned!