Thursday, October 1, 2009

Which Flu?

Last night I didn't sleep a wink, and today I know why. After watching a TV special about the National Parks where Gerry and I hope to visit (as soon as we sell our house), I went to bed feeling wide awake and sort of strange. After an hour of listening to the familiar snoring and rolling around at least a dozen times until the covers were all bunched up, I got up and went to another room. I felt more tired then usual and yet I could not get to sleep. I tried every position of comfort, even ones I try to avoid because they cause my limbs to "go to seep" and I could not relax this agitation in my muscles and so I laid there all night just thinking, changing position, shaking my foot, and listening to the night sounds for some distraction. At 4:30 I finally got up, which is not an unusual time for me and then it hit me like a ton of bricks... I was sick. My throat, now sore caused my voice whisper, I developed a hard, dry cough which burns my lungs, glassy eyes, headache, sneezing, muscle aches, and the start of chills. Yikes, I can't remember the last time I was this sick. As I'm dizzy just writing this little post, I just have to wonder, which flu is this? Swine flu or seasonal flu or... oh well... too late to worry about a flu shot now.