Thursday, August 28, 2008

Five Things I've Learned

Today is the eve of my 51st birthday and I have thought about five things I've learned that will help me set my sights to sail through my 5th decade. 

1. If I cannot love and accept my self as I am in this very moment, then it will never occur at all. 

2. Anything that is is a worthwhile endeavor should be a joy and not a struggle.

3. If I hold on to past hurts, I just invite more of the same.

4. The only truth I can really know is the truth of my own emotions.

5. I can't control anything except my own perceptions.

Though I have learned these thoughts through trial and error, putting them into a way of living that will grant me the peace I desire will call for a level of self awareness that I am ready to explore. Lessons aren't truly learned unless they are lived.