Friday, June 12, 2009

An Attitude Adjustment

It started as another rainy day... the weekday trend over the last several weeks. Though my joints were protesting on the way downstairs this morning, I decided that enough is enough... there is no use complaining about the weather, as there is nothing I could do about it. So I went to my meditation room hoping to start a new attitude of positive thinking. I lit my candles, did my readings, suspended myself in that secret place of non-think, and invited soul-friends and angels to help me with my issues (after giving thanks to them for them being present and patient). It's not a long process, but one I've been neglecting recently. There I received some personal words of encouragement and instantly felt hopeful. I returned to my routine and changed things up a bit. First I skipped the housework, and chose to write a poem for my Pagan friends, only to find that I was in the top 13 of the worldwide site. I wrote in the lyrical rhyme that although many would consider trite and singsong...it just felt right and they don't mind. Next I received an invitation to do a modeling show for a senior citizens group called the Red Hats. I protested that I was no ingenue, (as it was for the modeling of vintage wedding gowns) and was told that it didn't matter... I was still gorgeous (there's a boost!). Next a recruiter called and performed a lengthy interview with me regarding nursing jobs that fit my qualifications to a tee... and high level ones at that. Could things turn around that quickly with help from spirit friends? A surprise visit came from one of my dearest friends from high school, with a promise of a get together in the near future. Then my daughter picked me up and took me to lunch where we laughed and bitched and shared girltalk... it was just great. I was proud to tell her that the hospital called and I was accepted for an interview (for volunteer work) next week... something to get me out of solitary confinement... oh yes, and the sun came out! It's just amazing what transpires with a little attitude adjustment... no cocktails necessary.