Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ring In The New

We all the share the desire to grow as a better person in our lives, it's one reason why at the year's end we try to make resolutions that will bring us closer to the person we really want to be. This year I have given up the usual resolutions that seem to wear off by mid-January... the dieting, quit smoking, exercise more... stuff of the past. This was a year of great joy and personal hardship and yet I am thankful and looking forward to the present state of where I am just for today. My goals this years will be daily ones, both simple and difficult, the main goal is personal but it is one that I cannot accomplish alone. I have wallowed in the shadow of my own self imposed prison of self pity long enough and I can clearly see that it is the place of my own selfish design. But enough of this admission... that was in the past and it is a new day to share. Reluctantly and with trepidation I am reaching out to new people in new ways as I remember the words:

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others."

Happy New Year and Brightest Blessings to all!