Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Turkey on the Beach

I am one of the luckiest people in the world. You see wherever and whenever I go on vacation, treasure lands right at my feet... no need for cheesy souvenirs (my husband is lucky too, as I shun the usual beads and bangles often coveted by my female friends.) You can imagine the delight I felt, when strolling along Cocoa Beach in Florida during this past Thanksgiving holiday weekend, during one of my hunts for unusual shells, I came across this turkey shell! Halleujah, what a find! You see, nature is always looking for ways to entice you into a world of wonder, a world that has left most adults a long time ago due to a serious sense of disbelief. I marvel at everything when my eyes are alive and looking, and my tongue is not idling chatting. The world of quiet observation evokes imaginations and during this time... well, the world is your oyster... or scallop, so to speak. The universe has a divine sense of humor if you just give it a child-like chance. If you shut your eyes and quietly listen, for example, trees will whisper words of encouragement to you, and so will the ocean, or the morning doves. Usually these Muses of Nature will gently remind you of the miracle and beauty that you are, and then encourage you to take those tucked away dreams out of the closet of your head and make them real. But you have to be on guard that those voracious voices of reason don't come barging in with accusations of crazy, and stupid, or silly, to dash away your plans. Secondly, you must remember that no one, not even your closest ally, really knows who you are, and so you can't let them dispel your unique sense of wonder by bringing you back to a worldly reality. Once you can free the mind and quiet the tongue, the promised magick, known to you in your early youth, will come flooding back like an old imaginary friend... letting you know you are truly loved and welcome... and treasures will arrive to prove it!