Friday, August 28, 2009

Road Trip!

Today I am busily doing my domestic goddess thing: cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, caring for Otis, while also packing clothes and making lists preparing for the second launching of Gerry's youngest son Colin. We are taking him to San Diego, Ca where he found a job in his field and will meet up with friends and probably be attending college in the Spring to pursue a Master's Degree in Engineering. Since he is an avid surf boarder and guitar player will will be loading up the Subaru wagon to drive him to his next stop in life. Of course, it is also good practice to see how we do on the road... as we plan to fulfill our dream of checking out of society for a while (once we sell the house) and living a frugal existence in a Eurovan, while seeing the sights of America. Tonight all the kids will be coming over with beer and pizza to celebrate Colin's leaving and my 52 birthday (which is tomorrow). I'm hoping that they will tag team to take care of Otis in our absence... he's really no trouble at all, but there will be no room for him on this trip (he is coming to live with us in the Eurovan one day). I'm pretty excited about the trip and hope to do a lot of the driving so I can choose where we pull over when I see a good photo opportunity. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the fast food that will probably sustain us on our trip... I'll try to keep that order to a happy meal minimum, after all there will be very little exercise with all that driving. I just wonder how far we'll get by the day's end tomorrow... it would be nice spending a night in a state I have not yet visited... Ohio maybe?
Anyway, I hope to have some good stories to post when I get back... take care all!