Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shadows of Spring

Ah Spring, and another chilly day it is. The shun shines warmly, the sky is blue... but the temperature is 10 degrees below what is normal for this time of year. I'm trying to be patient for coming beauty of my favorite season, but getting through March is tough. I chose to post this picture to remind myself that at least we don't have to deal with snow, but somehow with the reflection of the tree branches highlighted in blue, while the sun shines overhead... it's not completely winter stark... there is a warm glowing hope. I need to be steady and patient like the tree branches, who are probably just as excited to begin budding again... and so I shall. Instead of making those big discontented sighs that I am known for when things don't go my way, I will take a deep cleansing breath, sit in the sun with my eyes closed and think about all the good things that are currently happening in my life. I won't dwell on the fact that my plans haven't reached the fruition I had hoped for as yet, but will remain steadfast in the belief that they will occur when I learn to be patient and trusting. For hope, without patience and trust, just seems like an unattainable pipe dream.