Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Facebook Finito

Well the novelty of broadcasting to friends who don't really care is over. To the handful of 50 or so friends that gave me some beautiful comments of care, humor, or encouragement... Thank you! I am still doing two of my three blogs, and if you really want to know what I'm up too, these are safe places to find out. My Snarker Barker has been laid to rest, as I was starting to wonder if  my snarking was creating a negativity that was causing me mental stress and self doubt. It could also be that menopause is in full swing and I'm a little crazy. My mood changes on a dime, I can laugh inappropriately and cry suddenly for no reason at all. I don't sleep well, but toss and turn all night entertaining the worst sort of waking nightmares. Melatonin does work... by putting the nighmarish thoughts back into the dreamworld. Either way I lose. I was getting up at all hours to find out who was interacting with my comments on  Facebook, and if no one was, I felt disappointed. Facebook was becoming another chore in my already over ambitious life, and so it got the boot. Today I worked all afternoon on one of my novels, completely uninterrupted by the allure of nosy snippets of other people's lives. I feel more at home in my home... and more at peace.