Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter Bunny

I don't usually post a blog entry on a Saturday, but in talking to my sister Vicki on Friday... we spoke about how much we both like animals (she's a Sagittarius, I'm a Virgo) and we went on at length about our "babies." Her baby is a chihuahua named Mimi and she bought her a little Easter skirt to wear. Since I'm not Christian anymore (but was raised one) I told her my baby Otis the bunny rabbit, would not take kindly to be dressed up for Easter. But to show my unity with the religion in which I was raised, I told her that I would video me singing the "Peter Cottontail" song with my bunny boy. We had no time for rehearsal, and since Otis was already in an ornery mood (nipped Daddy this am) I wasn't sure he would tolerate this debut. Daddy took the video and perhaps because he was a bit nervous in his new role as film director, he started "shooting bunnies" as I began singing to Otis. "Shooting bunnies" is an old Scranton term for letting out little staccato farts. I had a hard time performing, but Otis was tolerant as long as I didn't make him dance. So here is the video and Happy Easter to all!