Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Letting the Poison Out

It's one of those cruel days of April, cold, dark, and damp. The tree buds are sprouting and the forsythia is in bloom and... well dammit the sun should be shining. It was another sleepless night of sweating and insomnia... the season of change for a woman my age. Booo, I hate it. My thoughts range from nasty discontent to downright paranoia and I need an outlet. I could drink heavily and then put myself to bed for a long nap... but the guilt would kill me. So I write, and walk, and busy myself with mundane house chores... oh, and word find puzzles. Recently I put to rest my Snarky Barker blog which was written to purge myself of the dark moods. Then in a moment of self doubt I thought that maybe I was inviting too much negativity in my life... they were really harmless because they were not directed at anyone or anything in particular... just a sardonic look at inner anger that women possess but do not admit. My husband was one of the only people in the world who found it laugh at loud funny, and he still encourages me to "let the poison out." And so because I love him dearly and because the least I can do for him in my hormonal distress is to make him laugh... I will continue. Publishing it online is quite another matter.