Friday, July 3, 2009

The Party Continues...

Oh the meat was perfect... we were dancing around in wily anticipation of the children's return... mayhem ensued in traditional fashion, beers brought and pounded after a journey back home to Joysey... ha ha, we're not city folk. Gerry sauced up the loin with my proper gravy after a perfect carving and presentation with a parsley garnish. Only he can make the instant mashed potatoes to perfection, Otis didn't complain about our use of his carrots.. he got three, but I had to wash off the dill... so persnickety. Baby greens and a left over tomato cried salad in a wash of honey mustard and Caesar in the tossing of the green ... with sliced nuts on the side. We all shared our nutty side amid the cookies , sliced cake, and seedless watermelon. Grandma practiced the spoiling of the babes, my bull doggies loved the gravy pot on the floor, so a little gas never hurt anybody... don't tell my girls. I chewed like a bandit... and sang like a bar-room floozie... hey, it was wholesome, Huey Lewis and the News. A traditional night at the Boydwood Manor... drifted to sleep with the sounds of "Stuck on You" in my head... so true...