Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Settling Down

I have a new perspective in the busy workaday world that I have entered. Personally speaking I  am the the center of all that surrounds me... when my mind is in fear or disarray it seems that I invite more of that to occur through an attraction. When I change my mind to convince it that I will not give in to those negative emotions, and withdraw from being sucked in to the emotive negativity of others... it will leave me alone. Now I have always been a compassionate listener to the troubles of others, but in empathy I would get right in the midst of the negativity and knowing full well that there was nothing I could do to help the situation , I would give my best advice and then feel frustrated like it wasn't enough. I now realize the folly of that... when you invite negativity it will find a way in and pollute. Today I decided to listen and smile and not comment on the havoc that was being wreaked around me in the form of job frustration, medical failure, gossipy snipes at others... instead when these conversations were presented to me, I just smiled and stated, " It must be tough, I understand." Then I tried to just shut up and go for a walk to a pleasant surrounding ( outside the hospital where I work to look at the pretty trees) and say to myself... I am peace and therefore I feel peaceful. My day sailed by pleasantly and I finished all of the work that was put before me. The power of the mind is very powerful when you surrender to you inner self. It's only when the drama craving ego gets in the way do things go awry. Sometimes you have to ask yourself, do I really like the excitement of the drama or can I settle in to the quiet comfort of peace? I'm ready to start settling down.